Avril Flynn LLB BSc(Hons) RM
Law graduate, Midwife, Childbirth Educator and Expert, Speaker, Live Event Presenter, Podcast Host and Writer
Avril completed a law degree and was training to be a barrister when she decided to change tack, and become a registered Midwife. She has spent over 15 years honing her skills in various public hospitals and in the private sector as both a midwife and fertility nurse. She set up her own practice, www.avrilflynn.com, providing antenatal support, Hypnobirth classes, fertility advice and planning, mindfulness education, birth and baby preparation classes and birth de-briefing; which combines all her knowledge and experience.
As well as running her own business, Avril has presented a popular podcasts and is currently the host of ‘The Beat Podcast’ aimed at UK and Irish heath care professionals. She is currently a pregnancy advisor to Solvotrin Therapeutics (Active Iron) and has spoken extensively on a variety of subjects ranging from nutrition, pregnancy, mental health and adjusting to parenthood. She has also contributed to several national & international publications. Avril is a proud advocate and ally for women, families, the LGBTQI+ community & is a firm believer in equal rights, diversity and inclusion.
Avril not only speaks but also writes on a wide range of topics including pregnancy, pregnancy loss, birth, women’s health, menopause, equality, fertility and being and being an entrepreneur. She presented at All Ireland Maternity and Midwifery Forum 2020, 2021 & 2022 as well as presenting at conferences in England and Scotland. She was honoured to be the keynote speaker at an event in the Curragh Camp for the Irish Defence Forces celebrating International Women’s Day, MC of the of the Women’s Inspire Global Online Conference, and expert speaker at the Pregnancy and Baby Fair in the RDS. Avril is a not only a talented speaker, but also is a highly accomplished host, master of ceremonies and panel compère. Avril is. A regular voice on the national airwaves and imparts her knowledge with relatability and kindness, energy and above all empathy.
Areas of Expertise, Interest and Knowledge:
- All Elements of pregnancy, labour & birth
- Midwifery, normal birth, hypnobirthing & mindfulness
- Advocate for women’s rights, the LGBTQI+ community, working & non- working parents
- Sensitivity training for companies and groups on subjects such as pregnancy loss, fertility and menopause
- Caring for premature infants & full term new-borns (up to 6 weeks after delivery)
- How to make a successful career change
- Positivity & achieving your potential
- Women in business and entrepreneurship
- Promoting healthy parenting, mental health and transition to parenthood
- Birth trauma and healing
- Health ,healthy living & well-being